Wouldn’t it be great if we could declare that about everyone we work with? But alas just not the case. There are those who we don’t relate to, who don’t follow through with their commitments, or who just plain annoy us. In 60 minutes I recently equipped a room full of Toastmasters with techniques they could apply immediately, so that everyone they work with might say “I love working with you” about them. And when that happens it’s a pretty good bet that each of these Toastmasters will start to say that about their co-workers in return.
The workshop was titled, appropriately “I love working with you” and essentially presented the concepts from my Leadership by Engaging Others seminar run many times face-to-face and in webinar formats. The key messages included…
- Building trust
- The E.C.M. principle
- The A.A.B.C. of acknowledgments
Acid tests of any workshop include real world value, and application. So how did the participants rate my “I love working with you” workshop? On a 5-point scale their feedback was…
- Average rating of 4.8 for “the skills and information taught in this workshop have real world value to me”.
- Average rating of 4.6 for “I feel confident that I can effectively apply the skills and information taught in this workshop”.
And what did these participants have to say about “I love working with you”? Here are a sample of verbatim remarks from participants, Toastmasters dedicated to being great speakers, presenters and communicators…
- For content, structure and delivery, this is one of the best workshops I have attended at Toastmasters.
- I love the workshop, examples to take and apply at work. Thank you.
- Very clear and concise. Easy to understand. Everything was applicable immediately.
- By making it simple, it can be applied easily.
- Practical tools which I can apply in every facet of life.
- No bull – valid for Toastmasters and life in general.
- Wonderful! It was perfect.
- Very relevant and can be used in all facets of society (professional vs personal life).
- Really helpful way to think about my crew interactions.
- An hour was just not enough.
That’s enough praise. You get the gist of it. This is an example of what all our workshops, seminars and training showcase… simple, applicable, relevant, helpful… and always hungry for more. Want to explore how this or another of our sessions can help you and your team? Please reach out.